Re: Re: Read Only views access rights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by pgraindo on May 26, 2000 at 04:58:19:

In Reply to: Re: Read Only views access rights posted by Sally Liu on May 25, 2000 at 17:23:13:

: : Is there any way to restrict check-out access on a Read Only view (based on promotion status)?
: : Using the View/Access Rights menu, I get the message :
: : "The current view is read only.The project cannot be changed through a read only view."

: : Or is there any way to keep the configuration status of
: : a floating view after closing and reopening it?

: : (Starteam v.4.2)

: This issue regarding access rights on Read Only views had been previously noted by other customers of ours, and had been entered as CR #9166. I have added your name to the list of customers requesting this functionality. At this time, there really isn't a workaround but I'll keep you posted as this CR progresses.

: Regarding your last question about ways to keep the configuration status of a floating view, would you be able to expand on that a little more? A simple scenario might help.

: Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to help.

: Thanks,
: --Sally
: StarBase Product Support

Thanks for your reply.
Keeping the configuration of a floating view, is the same purpose as assigning access rights to a R/O view :
1 - Create a floating view
2 - Assign access rights (e.g. testers)
3 - View/ Select configuration menu
Select Promotion State Configuration
(e.g. TEST)
4 - Close the view.
5 - When reopening the view, it has back the "current configuration" status. I'd like to freeze it in a promotion state configuration, to make specific people having access to specific promotion state (e.g. only testers may check-out files in TEST promotion state)

Regards,
Philippe Graindorge

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Read Only views access rights

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]