Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: StarTeam 5.2 and TCP/IP Socket Error 10053: Connection Aborted by Peer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on August 20, 2003 at 04:42:41:

In Reply to: StarTeam 5.2 and TCP/IP Socket Error 10053: Connection Aborted by Peer posted by Jack Sims on May 30, 2003 at 10:15:58:

: We recently upgraded to StarTeam 5.2 SP1 from 4.2 SP2. We are seeing periodic "TCP/IP Socket Error 10053: Connection Aborted by Peer" messages in the StarTeam client. Whenever this occurs, we have to close and reopen the StarTeam client to re-establish the connection.

: I have looked at the client and server logs but do not see any error log entries. There is no evidence that the Server is shutting down.

: I am looking for an explanation why this is occurring and how to avoid.

I asked a friend at StarBase/Borland and received the following answer:

?This is a generic error that can be caused by any loss of connectivity between the client and the server. A network interruption would not necessarily be detected by the server and therefore not logged. 5.2 have client side logging and there might be some useful information in that log. At least it would show the frequency of the problem. I would also ask if there have been any other indications of network connectivity problems. Another possibility might be server backups. If the problem occurs every day at the same time it could be that the server is locked for backup.?

/Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]