Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Server start problem. Oracle 8.1.6 (Solaris 2.7) StarTeam 4.2 Evaluation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by John Wilson on June 11, 2001 at 20:30:41:

In Reply to: Server start problem. Oracle 8.1.6 (Solaris 2.7) StarTeam 4.2 Evaluation posted by Paul O'Shea on June 06, 2001 at 08:46:34:

With reference to installing StarTeam VTS on Oracle, I recently migrated our production Oracle based ST-VTS 4.2 system from Oracle 7.3.4.5 to Oracle 8.1.6.2., under Solaris. Similar to your efforts, I first made a test Oracle schema on a different Oracle instance (we have a test Oracle 8.1.6.2 "sandbox" for testing). I didn't run into any problems so I cannot directly answer your questions with this installation but I did have a problem previously. My learning from the previous problem is that it is imperitive to use the Microsoft ODBC drive for Oracle (as supplied by StarBase Corp), not the Oracle ODBC driver. The MS Oracle drivers designation is 2.573.5303.00. I've not had any success using the Oracle ODBC and conversations with StarBase tech support confirm the need to use this (the MS driver).

If it would be any interest to you, I'd be happy to send you copies of the SQL scripts I used to create the schema and Oracle userids. E-mail me at wilsonjs@navair.navy.mil if you would like copies of the SQL scripts.

Good Luck,

John Wilson
: Hi,
: Maybe this is just the wrong thing to do but...

: We use Oracle 8.1.6 on solaris for our system so we tried to use it for as the database for Starteam 4.2.

: 1. Space was allocated on the test oracle server (200MB).
: 2. A user 'starbase' created on that instance.
: 3. Create an Oracle ODBC entry (connection worked through Oracle's ODBC client and through the 'verify connection' button in the server properties.
: 4 On the first attempt at starting the server it failed and the pertinent line in the log was:

: 9 06/06/01 09:45:01 M Server-side StarTeam component loaded: TaskSSC
: 10 06/06/01 09:45:01 M Server-side StarTeam component loaded: AuditSSC
: 11 06/06/01 09:45:02 E EXCEPTION during Server Startup
: Exception class: CDBException
: Exception code: 1009 (000003F1)
: Exception message: Recordset is read-only

: 5. On subsequent attempts the logs showed this error

: 9 06/06/01 13:20:01 M Server-side StarTeam component loaded: TaskSSC
: 10 06/06/01 13:20:01 M Server-side StarTeam component loaded: AuditSSC
: 11 06/06/01 13:20:02 E EXCEPTION during Server Startup
: Exception class: Unknown
: Exception code: -1 (FFFFFFFF)
: Exception message: An unexpected error was encountered

: Has anyone had a similar experience with Oracle and ST 4.2?
: Is there a document/FAQ/Troubleshooting guide that can help me get more detail on the cause of the problem?

: Thanks
: Paul.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]