Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Customising the CR form per project via SDK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on May 27, 2001 at 17:16:55:

In Reply to: Re: Customising the CR form per project via SDK posted by Steve on May 25, 2001 at 10:48:48:

: : Can anybody tell me if it is possible to customise the CR template for use in an individual project using the SDK. I would like to use the CR to track IT requests and issues within the company using StarTeam if at all possible. However the IT department would require unique fields on the CR input screen. Can I do this and if so any ideas how involved the customisation would be. Thanks. Becky

: The StarTeam Win32 Client is pretty closed when it comes to modifying its own forms. If using the customization feature is not sufficient, you could use the SDK to build your own application solely for entering CR's. This way you could create your own form(s), and you can decide which StarTeam CR fields your own fields would map to.

Hi Beacky,

Hope all is well with you!

What Steve says as absolutely right (and Steve knows the SDK very well!). Mark Juras of BMW Financial Services has done a fantastic job of creating an SCM process using StarTeam. Part of his work includes a custom written application for CR?s. The app was developed using the StarTeam SDK. You will find more about Mark?s work at http:/y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/vssretriever.

Rgds,

Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]