Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: viewing build dates

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by mjuras on May 08, 2001 at 07:16:14:

In Reply to: Re: viewing build dates posted by Tim on May 02, 2001 at 17:55:13:

All labels have an associated date. In the SDK each view exposes a labels collection, you can iterate over this collection and print out the attributes for all labels. A little more code and you can do this for all projects and views at once.

That said, the GUIs support for labels is too light, for example no history/auditing. Also labels seem mostly oblivous to their view's configuraton. We intend to build more complete functionallity with the SDK and some database tables of our own.

There is some sample code at briefcase.yahoo.com/vssretriever

: : Easy one if you're talking view label - go to View/Labels/Highlight the label and select properties. There's a grayed out box at the bottom that says "Configuration as of:" and has the date. I don't know about revision labels.

: Thank you for the reply. I am looking more for a way to see when the labels were created. I didn't know if there is something in StarTeam that sets when a label was created so you can go back and look at that information... Along those lines, I'm also looking for a way to print out all of the labels and their descriptions.

: Thanx,

: Tim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]