Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: viewing build dates

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on May 02, 2001 at 18:05:03:

In Reply to: Re: viewing build dates posted by Tim on May 02, 2001 at 17:55:13:

: : Easy one if you're talking view label - go to View/Labels/Highlight the label and select properties. There's a grayed out box at the bottom that says "Configuration as of:" and has the date. I don't know about revision labels.

: Thank you for the reply. I am looking more for a way to see when the labels were created. I didn't know if there is something in StarTeam that sets when a label was created so you can go back and look at that information... Along those lines, I'm also looking for a way to print out all of the labels and their descriptions.

: Thanx,

: Tim

Hi Tim,

Eric is correct in his reply to you. Depending on how a label was created, and the type of label you are viewing, you may be able to see the creation time.

For a "View Label," you can only view the creation time if the label was created using a "Current Configuration" or "Configuration as of: ." If such the case, then you only need to check the properties of the label. To view the properties of a label follow the steps below.

1. Select "View" and then "Labels" from the StarTeam Client menu.
2. When the "Labels" window appears, select the "View" tab (this should be the default).
3. Highlight a label name and then select "Properties" (or just double click on a label name).
4. The creation date is shown in the " fields."

If the "View Label" was created using any other method, then the creation time is unknown since it was based upon a previously configured label.

For "Revision Labels" you cannot see the creation time regardless of how it was created

/Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]