Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Reports

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Steve on November 22, 2000 at 00:59:46:

In Reply to: Reports posted by Michael Bourla on November 14, 2000 at 16:32:46:

: I've been looking at Starteam for use on my project. I'm told it's not possible to add any new reports (of Change Requests), only customise the existing ones. Is there any other way to define/generate different reports apart from exporting into say Excel? Thanks!

You can create new reports of any type (including Change Requests), it's just a little extra work. The StarTeam reports are accessed via HTML templates, stored in the Reports folder in your Client's installation directory. The list of available reports is generated by the prefix of each report template (for the given type of report). So if you wanted to create a Change Request report called 'Custom', you could copy all of the files named 'ChangeDefault', and rename those copies to 'ChangeCustom'. The next time you accessed reports for Change Requests, you would see an entry for 'Custom'. Modifying the HTML templates is up to you, but the StarTeam User's Guide explains how to pull what fields of data.
To export to Excel, you can use the Export feature to export selected items to a flat file.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]