Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: VTS 4.2 install: Starteam.REG not found?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Matthew Crump on September 18, 2000 at 07:54:29:

In Reply to: VTS 4.2 install: Starteam.REG not found? posted by Kjell Rilbe on March 11, 2000 at 13:20:39:

The same thing happened to me, but all seems to be okay with StarTeam following the install.

I logged a call with support regarding this and they said I should ensure the user who you are logged in as whilst performing the installation has local administrator rights, however, the user is used had both local administrator and full domain administrator rights so I'm not sure this is the cure.

Let me know if you find out any more on this.

: Just now I upgraded to 4.2, and during the VTS installation i got an error message saying that StarTeam.REG could not be registered because the file couldn't be found. I checked with the Windows Explorer file search function and right enough, the file was nowhere to be found.

: I dismissed the error emessage with [OK] and the installation completed without further errors. At first glance everything seems to be working.

: Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do about it? Do I need to do anything about it?

: Thanks,
: Kjell Rilbe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]