Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Connecting with Visual Studio

[ Home ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users] ]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on August 10, 2000 at 11:06:27:

In Reply to: Connecting with Visual Studio posted by Klaus Elk on August 02, 2000 at 05:00:31:

: We are currently testing StarBase, comparing it to existing Visual SourceSafe and a testinstallation of ClearCase.

: StarBase is integrated with Visual Studio - and this works fine in most cases.

: However when I want to startup the first time (locally)with a project that already exists in studio, I cannot see how this is done without using the StarBase environment.

: When using SourceSafe i find that Visual Studio has - in the File-Open Workspace dialog - the possibility to connect to sourcesafe and pinpoint a project.

: How is this done with Starbase ?

: The second question is more tricky. The following happened:

: - I was up and running with studio connected to Starbase

: - For some reason I disconnected the base for a while

: - It was OK to reconnect later, but I selected the wrong project on the server. My files were not here and I was asked to insert them. I cancelled the "Add files" operation - I wanted to connect with the correct project.

: - Now I was not offered the opportunity to connect to the right project. I couldn't disconnect either ..catch22!

: Hoping for some good advice!

: Best Regards

: Klaus Elk

: Bruel & Kj?

Hi Klaus,

In StarTeam?s integration, to add a project that exist in studio but not in StarTeam, you must click on Add project to StarTeam, then depending on whether it already exists in StarTeam or not you click on open existing or create new.

On the second item, to disconnect you must click on cancel when StarTeam asks you to log on in the integration.

/Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Connecting with Visual Studio

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Home ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users] ]