Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Derived views - add vs. delete

[ Home ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users] ]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on August 09, 2000 at 03:35:32:

In Reply to: Derived views - add vs. delete posted by Avi Shmidman on August 08, 2000 at 07:22:52:

: Hi!
: I'm working with a view tree, which contains a root view and a leaf view. The leaf view is a derived view from the root view.
: I found the following peculiar behavior. When I added a file to my leaf view, the file subsequently (correctly) appeared in the root view as well. However, when I deleted that file from the leaf view, the file still remained in the root view!
: I believe that if a view is to be derived, all changes must propogate up - both adding files and deleting files. Otherwise, the two views will begin to get very confused.
: [In case it matters, the leaf view was set for branching on / branch none. I do not intend to branch at all, but I found that unchecking "permit branch" led to the behavior that all of the view labels from the leaf view propogated up to the root view as well. I want to keep the view labels separate, and by using branching on/branch none I accomplish this objective.]

: Avi Shmidman
: Jerusalem, Israel

Hi Avi,

The answer to your question is that StarTeam is behaving as it is designed. StarTeam in a derived, branch, branch none view will allow file additions and revisions to flow up and down the tree until the file is branched or deleted. Deletions of files do not flow up and down the tree unless the view is a reference view.

Best Regards,

Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Derived views - add vs. delete

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Home ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users] ]