Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Derived views - add vs. delete

[ Home ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users] ]

Posted by Avi Shmidman on August 08, 2000 at 07:22:52:

Hi!
I'm working with a view tree, which contains a root view and a leaf view. The leaf view is a derived view from the root view.
I found the following peculiar behavior. When I added a file to my leaf view, the file subsequently (correctly) appeared in the root view as well. However, when I deleted that file from the leaf view, the file still remained in the root view!
I believe that if a view is to be derived, all changes must propogate up - both adding files and deleting files. Otherwise, the two views will begin to get very confused.
[In case it matters, the leaf view was set for branching on / branch none. I do not intend to branch at all, but I found that unchecking "permit branch" led to the behavior that all of the view labels from the leaf view propogated up to the root view as well. I want to keep the view labels separate, and by using branching on/branch none I accomplish this objective.]

Avi Shmidman
Jerusalem, Israel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Derived views - add vs. delete

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Home ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users] ]