Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Re: Connecting with Visual Studio

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Klaus Elk on August 07, 2000 at 11:00:48:

In Reply to: Re: Connecting with Visual Studio posted by StarTeam Support on August 02, 2000 at 13:33:11:

: : We are currently testing StarBase, comparing it to existing Visual SourceSafe and a testinstallation of ClearCase.

: : StarBase is integrated with Visual Studio - and this works fine in most cases.

: : However when I want to startup the first time (locally)with a project that already exists in studio, I cannot see how this is done without using the StarBase environment.

: : When using SourceSafe i find that Visual Studio has - in the File-Open Workspace dialog - the possibility to connect to sourcesafe and pinpoint a project.

: : How is this done with Starbase ?

: : The second question is more tricky. The following happened:

: : - I was up and running with studio connected to Starbase

: : - For some reason I disconnected the base for a while

: : - It was OK to reconnect later, but I selected the wrong project on the server. My files were not here and I was asked to insert them. I cancelled the "Add files" operation - I wanted to connect with the correct project.

: : - Now I was not offered the opportunity to connect to the right project. I couldn't disconnect either ..catch22!

: : Hoping for some good advice!

: : Best Regards

: : Klaus Elk

: : Bruel & Kj?

:
: Hi Klaus,

: Did you install StarTeam's Visual Studio Integration? You can read more on how to install the integration for Visual Studio as well as other IDE's in the manual IDE.PDF.

: StarTeam Support
: Fox Data

Yes, I did install Visual Studio Integration.
Now I have read the manual. The chapter "Using C++ workspaces created by others" states that one needs to use the StarTeam IDE to retrieve files first - then fire up the Visual Studio IDE.

I was hoping that i ALSO - as when using SourceSafe - were able to connect to a project existing in StarTeam (but not yet in my working directory) from within Visual Studio.
It seems that this is not possible.

I think this would be a neat feature...

Best Regards

Klaus Elk

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Connecting with Visual Studio

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]