Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Moving views

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on July 29, 2000 at 08:57:59:

In Reply to: Moving views posted by Avi Shmidman on July 27, 2000 at 11:17:27:

: We produce many different products, and each one has a StarTeam View of its own. I would now like to reorganize the views a bit - I'd like to create a few more projects, and redistribute some of my views into these projects. However, I have found that there is no way to move a view into a different project without losing the View Labels.
: It seems to me that reorganizing one's views is a perfectly logical thing to do - as more products (=views) are added, reorganization is needed. And it is perfectly logical to expect my view labels to come with me, since I am moving the view as is, complete with all files and directories.
: Is there any way to do this in StarTeam (I am using version 4.1). If not, I find that the lack of ability to move a view with its labels is a very serious deficiency in StarTeam.

: Avi Shmidman
: Excalibur Systems

Unfortunately (for us), you are correct on both points and thank you for sharing your findings with us. You cannot move views without loosing the labels. A change request has been added on this item in order to incorporate your suggestion in a later release of StarTeam. The CR is 101169.

After all, the best way of improving StarTeam is to receive enhancement requests like yours from the StarTeam user community.

Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Moving views

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]