Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Re: Re: Re: StarTeam/W2K/IIS5/InterDev

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Colin Young on June 07, 2000 at 16:39:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: StarTeam/W2K/IIS5/InterDev posted by Tommie Mademark on June 07, 2000 at 16:38:35:

: : It turns out the StarTeam VI intergration won't work with FrontPage Server Extensions 4.0 (or FPSE 2000), which is what W2K uses. I'm still trying to find a solution to work automatically with IIS5/FPSE2K, but in the meantime I am going to look at the best practices document.

: : Thanks for the response.

: : Colin
: Hi Colin,

: You might want to have a look at a new product called StarSync http://www.starbase.com/strsync.htm.

: I have also requested that StarBase add a CR in regards to the problem with FrontPage Server Extensions. I'm running the same setup as you with a Win 2000 Server, IIS 5 and FrontPage Server Extensions for my staging server and using FP 2000 for editing. In addition, my server runs MS Site Server and installing the StarTeam VI integration actually broke my Site Server installation. I had to remove the StarTeam VI integration, but Site Server was still broken. That was easily fixed by editing the Registry. (No, I'm sorry, but I could not test the StarTeam VI integration on this server because of the Site Server problem.)

: /Tommie
Thanks. That's more or less what happened with us (I haven't tested the SiteServer since because we won't be using it until they get integration working). I've spoken with their tech support several times about the issue, and the conclusion I've come to (I've also talked to MS) is that it is the 2000 server extensions, not just Win 2000. The 98 extensions used to put a
stub DLL in each web, and many products, including some internal MS ones, would hardcode references to those DLLs, and as a consequence when FPSE2000 removed those stub DLLs it broke those products.

If you do hear anything about W2K VI integration I would appreciate hearing about it, and I will do likewise for you. My current solution is to continue with NT4, possibly using SiteServer content deployment to move changed files onto a W2K server (sort of like a shadow directory in VSS) if we want to start using W2K specific features.

Thanks.

Colin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StarTeam/W2K/IIS5/InterDev

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]