Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Read Only views access rights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by pgraindo on June 03, 2000 at 09:11:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Read Only views access rights posted by Sally Liu on May 31, 2000 at 11:48:09:

: : : : : : Is there any way to restrict check-out access on a Read Only view (based on promotion status)?
: : : : : : Using the View/Access Rights menu, I get the message :
: : : : : : "The current view is read only.The project cannot be changed through a read only view."

: : : : : : Or is there any way to keep the configuration status of
: : : : : : a floating view after closing and reopening it?

: : : : : : (Starteam v.4.2)

: : : : : This issue regarding access rights on Read Only views had been previously noted by other customers of ours, and had been entered as CR #9166. I have added your name to the list of customers requesting this functionality. At this time, there really isn't a workaround but I'll keep you posted as this CR progresses.

: : : : : Regarding your last question about ways to keep the configuration status of a floating view, would you be able to expand on that a little more? A simple scenario might help.

: : : : : Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to help.

: : : :
: : : : : Thanks,
: : : : : --Sally
: : : : : StarBase Product Support

: : : : Thanks for your reply.
: : : : Keeping the configuration of a floating view, is the same purpose as assigning access rights to a R/O view :
: : : : 1 - Create a floating view
: : : : 2 - Assign access rights (e.g. testers)
: : : : 3 - View/ Select configuration menu
: : : : Select Promotion State Configuration
: : : : (e.g. TEST)
: : : : 4 - Close the view.
: : : : 5 - When reopening the view, it has back the "current configuration" status. I'd like to freeze it in a promotion state configuration, to make specific people having access to specific promotion state (e.g. only testers may check-out files in TEST promotion state)

: : : : Regards,
: : : : Philippe Graindorge

: : : Hi Philippe,

: : : To keep the configuration of a floating view, this is what you need to do:
: : : 1 - Go to a floating view.
: : : 2 - Assign access rights (e.g. testers).
: : : 3 - Create a new derived, read only view based on a promotion state configuration
: : : (e.g. test promotion state).
: : : 4 - Open the new child view you just created.

: : : This new view will keep the promotion state you had specified and will also keep the access rights for the testers since you had set the access rights before creating the view.

: : : I hope this answers your question. If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

: : : --Sally

: : Hi Sally,
: : Sorry, in this way it keeps the promotion status but not the access rigths... Seems to be a bug.

: Which StarTeam version and build are you running?

: --Sally

version 4.2 build 681 (the latest one).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Read Only views access rights

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]