Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users

Re: StarTeam/W2K/IIS5/InterDev

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]

Posted by Tommie Mademark on May 27, 2000 at 17:49:27:

In Reply to: StarTeam/W2K/IIS5/InterDev posted by Colin Young on May 25, 2000 at 16:39:14:

: How does one go about getting this setup to work? I just finished "adding" and web project of about 8000 files to source control and after going through a several hour-long process, all the files appear in StarTeam but the web is not under source control.

: I am running NTS4 on my desktop, IIS5 is W2K, VTS is running on W2K.

: Thanks

: Colin

Hello Colin,

In order to use StarTeam as your Source Code Control system for MS IIS (Internet Information Server) from Visual InterDev on you PC, you need to install the Visual InterDev integration on your IIS machine. How to do this is described in the document "Development Environment Integrations" (ide.pdf), chapter 4 that installs as part of the documentation on your PC when you install the StarTeam client.

Once the server part has been installed, you need to add Visual InterDev projects to StarTeam projects as outlined on page 117.

If you don't use Visual InterDev as your development environment, you need to deploy the files to your web server either manually or via a batch file. I would do it manually (I have more control that way) as described in section "VI. Staging" on the Best Practices page http://www.fox.se/english/starteam/best_practices/starteam_use_cases.htm.

Hope this helps.

Tommie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: StarTeam/W2K/IIS5/InterDev

Your comment (at the end please!):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum for StarTeam Users]